Corporate & Donor Engagement Officer job with Bethesda Lutheran Communities | 26208 – The Chronicle of Philanthropy
Desire Meaningful Work that Drives Positive Change?
At Bethesda, we believe that the world shines brighter when people achieve their full potential! Each day our teams deliver life changing services that empower the people we serve to thrive.
As a member of the Development team, this critical role has the unique opportunity to impact every life we serve by driving the mission and strategy of the organization by securing financial support. A primary responsibility will business planning, network development and donor acquisition to support growth and expansion in all aspects of development. Working closely with the Executive Leader, the individual will be responsible for identifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding a portfolio of 120-150 major gift donors and prospects including corporate, foundation, institutions, faith-based organizations, and high net worth donors. Direct responsibility for securing revenue with new donors in Colorado as well as leading regional events to support brand awareness and promotional opportunities in regional markets that align with organizational strategic initiatives for expansion.
What we want to see from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Minimum three (3) years of successful corporate giving, foundation, and high net worth relations experience or six (6) years relevant experience or an equivalent combination.
- Demonstrated success identifying and qualifying new institutional prospects consistently with strong pipeline conversion that translates to new and increased revenue sources.
- Proven track record of creating and executing effective fundraising strategies for diverse revenue streams, with success in soliciting and closing 5 and 6-figure gifts from individuals, foundations and corporations.
- Experience with successfully securing and stewarding high net worth donors, corporate giving, and strategic partners.
- Ability to work in partnership and cross functionally with a wide range of constituents, including C Suite, Board Leaders, foundation representatives, and affiliate executives.
What we have to offer you:
- Base Salary of $95,000-$120,000, with a great incentive program meeting and exceeding in the goals identified for Colorado.
- Comprehensive health and wellness options (medical, dental & vision plans)
- Generous PTO accrual beginning the first day of work
- Retirement plan
What you will be doing:
New Donor Development: Regional:
- Actively develop cultivation and solicitation strategies for a portfolio of high net worth prospects and donors and manages network of relationships with these donors
- Identify and engage new, highly philanthropic individual prospects who are unaffiliated with organization
- Evaluate various gift opportunities and giving vehicles and propose the most suitable options for a particular donor
- Manage, solicit, cultivate, and steward a portfolio of funders, prospects, and suspects with the capacity to donate six and seven figure gifts.
- Produce compelling top-level funding proposals that link funder priorities with organizational goals and initiatives. Ensure that proposal materials meet funder criteria, are persuasive, accurate, well targeted, and meet funder deadlines.
- Annual first year fundraising goal of $500,000 or more, along with a goal for corporate partnerships.
- Actively participates in sessions with our Executive Leadership team to discuss and develop ways they can actively engaged with high net worth and corporate sponsors.
- Develop, and implement a comprehensive fundraising strategy for the region focusing on major gifts, new major gift acquisition, corporations, faith-based organizations and foundations while establishing presence in new communities.
- Aware of current trends related to a variety of topics in order to engage in meaningful and relevant conversations with prospective donors, partners and foundations. This includes business, financial, social, technology and philanthropy/fundraising strategies and trends in the market.
- Develops comprehensive business plans and strategies to generate increased revenue to support organizational budget, strategic plan initiatives and market expansion efforts.
- Formulate, implement, and recommend short-term and multi-year business and fundraising plans for foundation, high net worth donors, faith based and corporate sources.
Be part of a team who enhances the lives of our individuals in every way possible. Apply today and make a difference in your community!