Federal Ministry of Finance building on fire – Nairametrics

The building housing the Federal Ministry of Finance is currently on fire.

The reported Fire at the Federal Ministry of Finance in Abuja was caused by a spark of an inverter battery.

This was disclosed by Federal Fire Service Public Relations Officer (PRO), Mr Paul Abraham on Wednesday morning after the incident had been contained.

Related posts

What Federal Fire Service is saying

The Federal Fire Service spokesman said, “To firefighters, there could be a smoke without fire but to civilians, every smoke is caused by fire,” adding that the service got the call at about 7 a.m. and immediately sent men from three stations – Garki, Federal Secretariat and Wuse.

“The situation is totally under control and did not disturb the business of the day,’’ he added.

Meanwhile, the Finance Ministry, through its spokesman Mr Olajide Oshundun, revealed that the fire started from an exploded battery and that the fire was put under control in about 20 minutes.

“Only the battery room compartment at the basement of the ministry was affected; the fire did not affect any other part of the ministry,” Oshundun said.

NewsFlash: The Federal Ministry of Finance HQ is not on fire as reported on social media. Rather, there was an incident on the corridor in the basement involving an isolated battery Pack (photo inset). It was quickly put out by the security personnel on duty. #FinMinNigeria pic.twitter.com/aNDzwF7kOc

— Ministry of Finance, Budget and National Planning (@FinMinNigeria) February 23, 2022

Related