News |Lexar announces development of 2000x 256GB SDXC UHS-II V90 Card Gold Series
Wednesday March 9, 2022
By Ali Jennings
Memory manufacturer Lexar has announced the development of a 2000x 256GB SDXC UHS-II V90 Gold series card.
This new card has key features that will appeal to professional photographers and videographers:
• High-speed performance—leverages UHS-II technology for a read transfer speed up to 300MB/s1
• Captures high-quality images and extended lengths of Full-HD and cinema-quality 8K video2
• Designed for durability3
• Backwards compatible with UHS-I devices
• High capacity of 256GB
• Limited lifetime warranty
The Lexar Gold Series cards make use of the UHS-II technology that enables the memory to keep up with the demands of the latest cameras. For instance, the high transfer speeds will keep up with the RAW sequential burst modes of the latest cameras.
Back in the digital darkroom or editing suite, those same transfer speeds will come into play as files and footage can be downloaded quickly ready for post-production and editing.
Speed is of course one of the key focuses of the Gold series, but with the new Lexar Profession 2000x SDXC UHS-II card there is also the huge capacity.
256GB of storage will enable you to capture a huge amount of data, enabling entire jobs to be held on a single card. This capacity will help to save time both out on the shoot and back home or in the studio.
The new card offers plenty of speed and capacity but also safety and reliability all to ensure that the data you capture remains safe. This card is waterproof, shockproof, vibration proof and X-Ray Proof3. The card is also fully backward compatible so can be used in UHS-I devices.
“We are excited to announce the Lexar® Professional 2000x SDHC™/SDXC™ UHS-II V90 Card in 256GB. The new larger capacity will dramatically help professional content creators capture more of what they love while maintaining the top performance known from our 2000x Series of Professional SD Cards,” said Joel Boquiren, General Manager of Lexar.
Pricing and availability
The Lexar Professional 2000x SDXC UHS-II Card Gold Series 256GB is available this month for purchase online at an MSRP of £374.99.
- Up to 300MB/s read transfer, write speeds lower. Speeds based on internal testing. Actual performance may vary. x=150KB/s.
- Highest transfer speeds achieved only when paired with an SD UHS-II reader
- Temperature-proof: Withstands operating temperature range from 32ºF (-0ºC) or 158ºF (70 ºC) and non-operating temperatures from -13ºF (-25ºC) or 185ºF (85 ºC).
- Shockproof: Shock resistant (200G [1961.33m/sec^2] 3ms, 150G [1471.00m/sec^2] 10ms, From X.Y.Z, 3 directions/3 times each)
- Vibration-proof: Vibration resistant (10Hz to 2000 Hz, 6Grms, 5 minutes per 1 cycle, 10 cycle per 1 axis total 30 cycles per 3 axis, based on IEC 60512-6-4 guidelines).
- X-ray-proof: Protected against X-ray exposure based on ISO7816-1 guidelines