Nine hour-long sessions cover medical malpractice, wealth building, virtual care, coding tips, and much more.
The Medical Economics 2021 Physician Bootcamp features nine hours of educational and tips-based programming designed to help physicians manage their business and personal finances.
All of the sessions from the free two-day digital bootcamp are available online at no charge for those who registered. Signing up gets you access to the full video recording of the presentation, along with access to the presenters’ slides.
Did you forget to register? No problem. Registration is open here.
Here are the sessions available:
- Avoiding Friendly Fire: Patient Relations 2.0 – Physicians will learn to engage patients digitally, how practices should market themselves, and how to compete with care models like convenient care clinics. It features Luke Kervin, co-CEO and co-founder of PatientPop and Norm Shrager, head of content strategy for PatientPop.
- Calling for Reinforcements: Staffing and Workforce Management – Learn best practices in staffing with lessons learned from COVID-19, tips to improve retention and scheduling, and how to enhance office efficiency. It will feature Owen Dahl, LFACHE, CHBC, LSSMBB, principal of Owen Dahl Consulting.
- Telehealth Basic Training – Gain a proper understanding of current telehealth rules and regulation, improve telehealth programs to boost patient satisfaction, and solutions to common mistakes in getting paid for telehealth. The session will feature Mia Finkelston, MD, senior medical director at Amwell.
- Deciphering the Morse Code of Medical Malpractice – Identify common reasons for lawsuits and how to avoid risky situations, receive practical advice to improve patient communications about medical errors and complication, and find out what and what not to do if faced with a patient complaint or lawsuit. It will feature Mike O’Neil, CPHRM, assistant vice president of Risk Management Operations, and Terese Souders, AIC, regional claims administrator at ISMIE Mutual Insurance Company.
- Tales from the Trenches: A Concierge Medicine Roundtable – A discussion by concierge medicine physicians on the benefits of the model and how to overcome challenges. It will include Bradley Hunter, DO; James Jones, MD; Gay Purcell, MD; and Mark Gomez, MD.
- Navigating the Gauntlet: Coding and Documentation Best Practices – Gain an understanding of E/M coding changes and what they can mean to the bottom line, an overview of the most common reasons for claim denials. It will feature Bill Dacey, MHA, MBA, CPC, CPC-I, principal of The Dacey Group, Inc.
- Financial Fitness Test: Practice Finance/Revenue Cycle Management – Learn practical tips to assess where a practice is financially and have revenue cycle management explained, and how to select the best partner for revenue cycle management. The session will feature insight from Andrew Harding, RCM expert and vice president of customer success at Rivet.
- Remote Patient Monitoring Fitness Test – Learn how to get started with remote patient monitoring with explanations of what it is, what physicians need, the benefits, and the challenges. This will feature insight from Todd Haedrich, CEO of Optimize Health; Kaitlin O’Connor Esq., senior counsel at Nixon Gwilt Law; Neha Ajmera, senior vice president of operations at Optimize Health; and Ryan Clark, vice president of customer success at Optimize Health.
- Earning Your Stripes: Wealth Building and Retirement Planning – Find out how physicians should prepare for retirement at any stage of their career, how to protect their family’s financial future, and receive tax maximization tips. It will feature Joel Greenwald, MD, CFP.