MARQUETTE COUNTY, Mich. (WLUC) – An organization serving the western half of Marquette County announced several grant awards aimed at helping senior citizens. The West End Health Foundation awarded the five following organization from their Proactive Grant Cycle:
- Greater Ishpeming Commission on Aging-$10,000. This funding will assist with the Ishpeming Multi-purpose Senior Center. The new building will provide more activities and programs, with private offices for caseworker services.
- Negaunee Senior Center- $7,500. This funding will go toward the “Adventures in Outreach” program, which promotes the center’s programs, resources, and services to senior citizens.
- Cedar Tree Institute- $6,000. This funding will go toward the “Healing Waters” program, which provides informal sessions to seniors focusing on practical tips on handling stress from the world of mind/body medicine.
- Trillium House- $5,000. This funding will assist with the Care Fund, providing support for hospice patients who cannot be safe and comfortable at home.
- Little Brothers Friends of the Elderly – $1,500: Funding will assist with a Firewood Assistance Feasibility Study. The program can provide a solution to the unmet need of “warmly aging in place.”
Visit the West End’s website to learn more about grants and sponsorship opportunities.
Copyright 2021 WLUC. All rights reserved.